Application technique and safety
Occupational health and safety
Occupational safety is a system for preserving the life and health of workers in the course of their work, including legal, socio-economic, organizational and technical, sanitary and hygienic, medical and preventive, rehabilitation and other measures.
It should be noted that labor protection cannot be identified with safety, industrial sanitation, labor hygiene, because they are elements of labor protection, its constituent parts.
Safety precautions – a set of rules and regulations aimed at ensuring safe working conditions and / or carrying out any other work, as well as measures aimed at eliminating factors that cause harm to health.
The goals of safety engineering are:
- Minimization of production and / or other injuries to a minimum;
- Health protection;
- A system of organizational and technical measures aimed at reducing or eliminating the influence of dangerous and harmful factors on a person during work.
Ensuring safe working conditions is determined by the following facts:
- The most important are the life and health of a person in comparison with the price of the product produced and the cost of the services provided.
- The need to reduce emergency situations to a minimum.
- The need to keep worker injuries to a minimum to improve work efficiency
- The need to minimize the absence of qualified personnel due to occupational injuries and/or illnesses in the workplace.
Workplace safety instructions
The safety instruction at the workplace in printed form contains all the information that the employee is introduced to orally and by demonstrating work methods and actions during the briefing.
Accordingly, one instruction can be used for the same (or similar) jobs. For other places, there should be a document similar in content.
Completing the briefing, the employee is given for review the text of the instruction related to his position.
Workplace safety training can be:
- introductory, devoted to the general rules of safe behavior;
- primary, giving the employee the most complete picture of all aspects of safe work and the procedure for actions in case of dangerous situations, without which the employee is not allowed to work;
- repeated, held every six months with the aim of periodically repeating the information obtained during the initial briefing;
- unscheduled, the need for which arises in dangerous situations;
- target, when new equipment or technologies appear that require additions to the rules of conduct when working with them, or new requirements for safe behavior.
An introductory briefing can be carried out separately by an occupational safety engineer, or it can be combined with the primary one. Primary and all other types of briefing are carried out by the immediate supervisor of the employee, who has undergone special training for this purpose. Instruction can be both individual and group.
Conducting safety briefings is extremely important as a measure to prevent the creation of situations in the workplace that pose a danger to the health of workers and the safety of the property of the employer.
It is carried out in compliance with certain requirements to make sure that the employee is ready to comply with the established rules of conduct that meet the requirements of safe work.