Occupational health and safety
Occupational health and safety at the enterprise include a set of measures, the purpose of which is to ensure the safety and health of employees engaged in the performance of their work duties. The main regulatory requirements in this area are given in the Labor Code. There are also a number of specialized normative acts of sectoral and intersectoral character.
Labor protection and safety measures are aimed at preventing injuries to workers and eliminating situations that could result in an accident or an accident. At the same time, at various enterprises, safety requirements and a set of necessary measures can vary significantly due to industry specifics. In general, general requirements can be identified. Here are the main of these requirements.
Requirements for creating safe working conditions in the workplace
Occupational health and safety at the enterprise is, first of all, the responsibility of the employer and the relevant services of the organization.
The employer is obliged to develop internal regulatory documentation, conduct briefings and knowledge tests in accordance with the requirements of the law, inform employees about all the circumstances on which safety at work depends.
The employer is also obliged to create safe working conditions for employees. For this purpose, a set of requirements is provided:
- use of equipment and structures that meet the requirements of standards and other regulatory documents;
- compliance with the terms of periodic repairs and maintenance of equipment;
- compliance with fire and electrical safety requirements when equipping industrial and office premises;
- installation of the necessary protective devices and structures;
- ensuring sufficient illumination, ventilation, maintaining optimal temperature conditions at workplaces;
- timely elimination of dust and production waste;
- providing employees with overalls and footwear, as well as other personal protective equipment in accordance with the specifics of production;
- providing employees with up-to-date instructions on safety, visual materials;
- creation of all necessary alarm systems at workplaces and industrial premises, placement of safety signs, etc.
Requirements for maintaining safety in the workplace
One of the priorities of occupational health and safety is to maintain workplaces and production facilities in a safe condition. For this purpose, the following requirements apply:
- each employee, regardless of position and place of work, is responsible for maintaining order at his workplace;
- it is necessary to remove garbage in a timely manner and keep the workplace clean;
- passages, corridors, escape routes must remain free;
- cable laying within workplaces must be carried out in compliance with electrical safety requirements;
- in case of spillage or spillage of any substances in the workplace or in production premises, cleaning must be carried out immediately.
Safety requirements for employees of the enterprise
Ensuring labor safety is impossible without the direct participation of the employees themselves. A significant part of accidents and accidents at work occurs due to violations committed by workers.
All employees, regardless of position, are required to:
- know the features of the technological process at your workplace;
- know and comply with all applicable requirements for the safe operation of equipment at their workplace;
- have full knowledge in the framework of briefings on labor protection;
- wear the uniform adopted at the enterprise, overalls, use personal protective equipment;
- comply with the safety requirements in force in the production unit;
- know and comply with the requirements prescribed by safety signs installed at the workplace;
- comply with fire safety and electrical safety requirements.